The smile you want from family dentists you can trust
At Shortline Dental in Tulsa, Oklahoma, our team of experienced dentists understands the value of having teeth you don’t have to hide. Veneers are a way of completely reshaping your teeth to achieve a beautiful smile. They have been proven effective in treating many dental conditions and can also be alternatives to crowns.
What are veneers?
Veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth-shaped porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) by a professional dental laboratory. They are then bonded onto the front of the teeth. As with most dental restorations, veneers are not permanent and may someday need replacement. However, they are quite durable and will last many years.
Reasons for getting veneers
Many people have turned to Shortline Dental’s highly-trained dentists to give them a uniform, white, attractive smile. Some of the obstacles we have helped our patients overcome with veneers include:
- Crooked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Severely discolored or stained teeth
- Teeth that are too small or large
- Unwanted or uneven spaces between teeth
- Worn or chipped teeth
If you feel any of these problems apply to you or a member of your family, veneers may be a great option.
What does getting porcelain veneers involve?
Getting veneers usually requires two visits to complete the process, with little or no anesthesia required during the procedure:
- On the first visit, the teeth are prepared by lightly buffing and shaping the surface to allow for the thickness of the veneer. A mold or impression of the teeth is taken and a shade (color) will then be chosen by you and one of our dentists.
- On the second visit, the teeth will be cleansed with special liquids to achieve a durable bond. Bonding cement is then placed between the tooth and veneer and a special light beam is used to harden and set the bond.
We will provide you with care instructions for your veneers. Proper brushing, flossing and regular dental visits at one of our three Tulsa offices will aid in the life of your new veneers.
Contact us today for better family dental health tomorrow
Our dentists and staff at Shortline Dental in Tulsa, OK look forward to serving you and your family. Call one of our three Tulsa offices today to schedule a visit, or make your appointment online. We offer flexible office hours, including some weekend hours, and we even accept walk-ins. Shortline Dental believes that high-quality dental care doesn’t need to come with a high cost, so we also gladly accept Medicaid and SoonerCare.